Waxing is a very personal service but you are in good hands! Karen and her friendly and professional staff will guide you through the process.
Before coming to your session, here are some guidelines to ensure the best possible results:
- Hair should be at least 3/4-inch long (at least 3 weeks growth). Do not shave, trim or use a depilatory before any service. The longer the hair, the easier it is to remove it painlessly and quickly.
- Prior to your service, please do your best not to come directly from a workout! Hot water and vigorous exercise increase blood flow and make the wax areas more sensitive.
- It is always helpful to exfoliate and take a mild anti-inflammatory medication (like ibuprofen) before a wax service. This will help to reduce skin redness and swelling – and will help to keep you calm if you get nervous easily.
- Sometimes hormonal changes and the use of retinol creams or medications (i.e. Isotretinoin® or Acutane®) will cause increased skin sensitivity. It is recommended that in the 2-3 days following your service, you should avoid tanning and accelerated workouts and use fragrance-free creams to keep the skin moist.
- It is common to have redness, bumps, or irritation after a wax service. After at last three days, gently exfoliate the skin and apply fragrance-free moisturizer. These steps allow the hair to resurface in the appropriate way. You can also use a triple antibiotic ointment if you are prone to minor irritation or ingrown hairs.
- Karen uses an azulene-based wax for all services. If you are allergic to bees and bee stings, you should avoid this type of wax treatment. Azulene oil comes from a South American chamomile plant and it is known for anti-inflammatory properties that calm and soothe the skin. The melted wax is applied directly, hardens, cools slightly, and is easily removed without the aid of cloth strips. This method is preferred for anyone with sensitive skin.
- All first time appointments are secured with a credit card.
- All first time clients must verbally confirm all appointments.
- Upon arrival and service, we only accept cash or personal check for payment.